SUBMIT UNDER GENERAL SUBMISSIONS IF YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Current SJD student;
- Current LLM student who has practiced law professionally as an attorney or equivalent;
Submit under student writing submissions if you meet the following criteria:
- Current JD student;
- Current LLM student who has not yet practiced law professionally
Current students of law outside the aforementioned (i.e undergraduates) are ineligible for publication in CR-CL.
If your piece is co-written by authors of different statuses,(e.g. Professor and student), please complete this form and we will advise you further.
(2) Please submit your article and current CV. Footnotes should comply with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (21st ed. 2020). Authors must submit manuscripts of less than 30,000 words, including footnotes.
(3) Please complete this mandatory form along with your submission. CR-CL will not review submissions from authors who have not completed this form.
1) a one half-page preemption check, which includes an examination of existing literature on the topic and an explanation of what the proposal will add to such literature,
2) a list of professors and, if applicable, comments from professors with whom you are working, or plan to work, and
3) a list of sources you relied on.
1) a one half-page abstract modeled after a traditional law review article abstract, which includes a thorough thesis and counterarguments, and
2) an expected due date for a final draft if applicable.
Submission Instructions for Students
Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review
Caspersen Student Center, Suite 2048
1585 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02138