Applications are now open for the CR-CL Volume 55 General Board! General Board positions include as Audio Content Editors, Online Editors, and members of the Article Selection Board. In addition, we are accepting applications for some remaining positions available on the Executive Board.
The responsibilities of General Board members include:
• Joining one of CR-CL’s committees (such as the Article Selection Board or Events Committee),
• Helping select our Solicited Content topics and shape the journal’s content;
• Participating in source pulling, line editing, and technical editing.
If you’d like to get more involved, we are also accepting applications for open Editorial Board roles, including:
• Online Content Editors (who contribute to our blog),
• Audio Content Editors (who edit our podcast),
• Executive Technical Editors (who lead in-depth article editing), and
• New Initiative Committee Members (who are writing a report on new opportunities for CR-CL this year).
All Harvard Law students are encouraged to apply, and students from marginalized backgrounds, including people of color, first-generation students, women, LGBTQ students, and disabled students are very strongly encouraged to apply. All positions are open to 1Ls, but please note that we consider and value past experience with the journal. Applications are due by January 13, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
A special note: We strongly encourage everyone, but especially our 1Ls, to apply to the Article Selection Board. Helping to choose the articles that we publish is a great and low-commitment way to make an immediate impact on the journal. You’ll get to meet upperclassmen and have great conversations about crucially important issues.
CR-CL publishes innovative legal scholarship on civil rights and civil liberties. Over the last fifty years, we have published some of the most provocative and influential legal scholarship in the field, pushing the boundaries of progressive legal discourse. We hope that you will apply to join the General Board and take advantage of the opportunity to bolster your skills and bring your creativity to our journal.