The application period for the CR-CL General Board is now closed. We will be begin accepting applications again in August or September, 2013.
The General Board is the backbone of the journal, making critical contributions to the journal’s core functions. General Board members participate in our vibrant article selection process, brainstorm ideas for solicited content, learn valuable skills as editors, and comprise the progressive intellectual community that defines CR-CL.
The responsibilities of General Board members include:
- Reading articles and proposals,
- Attending roundtable discussions and General Board meetings, and
- Participating in subciting (as 1Ls) and in source pulling, line editing, or technical editing (as 2Ls and 3Ls.
Additional opportunities for General Board members include:
- Submitting student writing for publication in our print journal,
- Writing for CR-CL’s online blog, and
- Drafting proposals for solicited content.
CR-CL publishes innovative legal scholarship on civil rights and civil liberties, allowing the General Board wide latitude to determine what those concepts mean. Over the last fifty years, we have published some of the most provocative and influential legal scholarship in the field, pushing the boundaries of progressive legal discourse. Joining the General Board allows you to take advantage of the opportunity to bolster your skills and bring your creativity to our journal.